FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
We get these questions a lot. Have another question? Just get in touch anytime!
WHAT IS YOUR DROP IN POLICY?
You are welcome to drop-in! Our drop-in rate is $20 per class. Please come early enough to sign a waiver. We do not allow drop-ins in the Olympic Lifting Class.
WHAT ARE THE BOX RULES?
▪ Check your Ego at the door. You are only here to compete against yourself! Remember, somewhere there is an athlete warming up with your 1RM!
▪ Be on time! However, don't start early. Take time to mobilize, stretch, and converse.
▪ Respect our equipment. Never drop an empty barbell. This includes in the process of undressing your bar. Do not drop a kettlebell or dumbbell. If you can’t set it down, it’s too heavy.
▪ Take ownership. Be responsible and respectful and take pride in your box.
▪ If you use it, wipe it down and put it away.
▪ If the COACH says stop, STOP!! We are here to teach you and push you, but also to protect you!!
▪ Every class has a COACH. You are the ATHLETE. Be the athlete and let the coaches COACH.
▪ The workout isn’t over until the last athlete finishes!! You are expected to put your equipment away but not until every athlete has finished the WOD. Support every athlete still working!
▪ Be loud!!! Grunt, scream, yell—do whatever it takes to get yourself through the workout and then to pull your fellow athletes through.
▪ Be mindful of your language—especially when there are children in the BOX. Even if you would curse around your own children, others might not.
▪ Introduce yourself to newbies!! We are more than a BOX—we are a FAMILY!
▪ Be Patient! Injuries come from impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. DO the workout as the COACH prescribes. Upward progression in strength, speed, and ability WILL COME.
WHAT IF I AM OUT OF SHAPE?
Don't worry! We can modify all exercises for your current level of fitness.
WHAT IS YOUR DRESS CODE?
Dress like an adult!! We are all here to work out! No one wants to see your butt cheeks or your cleavage. Women are always required to keep shirts (NO CROPS) on. Shorts are to be no shorter than a 4” inseam—for Men and Women.
WHERE ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED?
▪ Children are to remain off the black mats and equipment during workout times.
▪ Pick up after your children. If they made a mess or got something out it is your responsibility to clean it up.
CAN I BRING FOOD OR DRINKS?
Any outside food or drink brought in must be consumed in the couch area. There is no fast food or fast food trash allowed in the gym.